586,655 active members*
2,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > CNC Plasma / Oxy Fuel Cutting Machines > Pierce RUR 2500 Burny 10 lcd Lincoln Invertec PC100

Pierce RUR 2500 Burny 10 lcd Lincoln Invertec PC100

Hello, I am having issues getting this Plasma cutting machine up and running.
    Upon powering up the system I get an error message as show in attached picture

Also the lower control panel doesn't power up (to the left of the emergency stop button in attached picture) Is this causing the error message?

Any help/advise you could provide is very much appreciated!

Re: Pierce RUR 2500 Burny 10 lcd Lincoln Invertec PC100

Wow, Did you purchase the machine new or second hand?
    Looks like a software error to start with. My initial suggestion would be to contact Burny support. Lincoln owns Burny now and I suspect they have decent telephone tech support. Next - what do your schematics say about power to the lower panel? Could be just a loose connection/blown/missing fuse or it may not be enabled until the control boots up completely.
    Lastly, if you have decent computer/electrical/electronic skills then have at it yourself, however, if you don't, you may want to get a professional involved

Quote Originally Posted by bytor View Post
    Wow, Did you purchase the machine new or second hand?
    Looks like a software error to start with. My initial suggestion would be to contact Burny support. Lincoln owns Burny now and I suspect they have decent telephone tech support. Next - what do your schematics say about power to the lower panel? Could be just a loose connection/blown/missing fuse or it may not be enabled until the control boots up completely.
    Lastly, if you have decent computer/electrical/electronic skills then have at it yourself, however, if you don't, you may want to get a professional involved
    Hi Bytor thanks for reply,

The machine was purchased new quite some time ago. I contacted Lincoln and they advised that it could be the cmos battery on the Mother Board as the time on the XP software was incorrect and the licensing wasn't working. So I replaced that and set the time and BINGO it booted up properly. Still though the lower control panel isn't powered but now it displays this error message: Ill look into this... I am thinking its the front emergency stop button...

Might be an interesting place to start. Does this have one of those Pilz e-stop relays in the electronics cabinet?

Not sure what that is? With another call it turned out to be a blown fuse in the electrical cabinet underneath the control unit. Not sure why it is blowing however? This machine has seen barely any use... Fuse F2 keeps blowing which apparently feeds the drive motors/cards. Has anyone experience this issue that could advise a potential solution? The machine when first turned on did travel for a sec with the jog controls but then it just stopped.

Just to feedback, I fixed the issue. The drive carriage was slightly out of alignment. So we squared this up and changed the fuse to the correct slow burn fuse and Bingo, all working now.

Jack