586,655 active members*
2,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > TB6560HQ-Stepping Motor Driver IC 3.5amp
Page 12 of 14 21011121314
    Hi any one out their I have a TB6560 board I mistakingly hooked up a nema 17 4 wire motor , with 24V , and the board just shut down, I know this was wrong ! Does any know ware to get information on how to fix , or trouble shooting information ? THANKS

you probably fried the tb6560 chip. I got my replacements from mouser. They are pretty easy to replace. In the mean time, desolder the chip for the axis that you hooked up incorrectly, the others should start working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Morvant View Post
    Hi any one out their I have a TB6560 board I mistakingly hooked up a nema 17 4 wire motor , with 24V , and the board just shut down, I know this was wrong ! THANKS
    Not sure what you mean, as a nema 17 4 wire motor isn't a problem, and 24V motor supply isn't a problem.
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

hi Phil is your 3_4 axis prototype is finished ??
    are u going to release it soon ??

Quote Originally Posted by hesham morsy View Post
    hi Phil is your 3_4 axis prototype is finished ??
    are u going to release it soon ??
    I haven't done anything with it for a long, long time. I was offered a part time position with a local university designing instrumentation electronics for astrophysics research, so I unretired. It's been almost full time plus for many months now as the group has been very succesfull with proposals. I'm really enjoying it, but by the end of the day I'm ready to chill......
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

so I unretired

:wee::wee::wee:

Thanks a lot for sharing this PCB.

TB6560's CW/CCW pin are in different side of the chip.
    Therefore I have been confused for routing the circuit these days...
    Your routing is beutiful, especially the CW/CWW signal.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone (especially Phil) how on earth any of the TB6560 driver designs out there can hope to be reliable considering that they ALL violate the chips datasheet. It /very clearly and adamantly/ calls for the logic power to be stable /before/ the motor power is applied. If the logic power is being supplied by a regulator from the motor power, that simply isn't possible! Not a single one of these designs (certainly not the ones from China and Hong Kong) switch the motor power. Of course, doing so is quite difficult, so I understand /why/ they don't, but I don't understand how the chip is surviving as long as it does when this requirement is being ignored. For more details on this, I've started a separate thread to discuss the specific issue: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...60_driver.html
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Hello,Phil

Hello,Phil
    Recommend a superior type chip(THB6064AH) to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails THB6064AH CESHIBAN_jpg_sum.jpg  

lihaijiang, as this is an OPEN SOURCE forum, I'd like to ask you what source there is for the 6064 chip?
    Find THB6064 Stock and Compare Prices Across the Most Reputable Distributors in the Industry. shows NO available stock at any US distributor.

Or must we simply buy your driver direct from China?
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

oops... double post

If someone is still interested on this subject: after reading so many posts on TB6560 controllers subject I have came to the following requirements for such a controller.
    I must admit, I did not find any complete solution with this cip but with many partial implementations with brilliant ideas.

So from my perspective, the best CNC controller with TB6560 cip will have to be:
    - with optocouplers HCPL2630 and with no other types, because these ones are fast (10Mb/s) and when making microstepping a lot of steps are needed per revolution.
    - with enable pin controlled from Mach3 (I have seen many controllers with enable with a pullup to 5V). Since we have to be "green" is important to save energy when let's say the "job is done" by the CNC and no human is around to turn off everything.
    - with dynamic torque adjustement. Two sollution I have seen here: one with 555 timer and the other one with 7408 (schmidt trigger). Both seems to be fine.
    - looks like a relay is needed to activate motor power supply (24V) only when the logic is ON (5V stable)
    - the board must have on it all the other input required by a CNC: E-Stop, Limit switches etc.

Is there any such board with all these features, and if yes: is someone willing to share it (eagle if possible for small adjustments)?
    If not, is someone willing to design such a board?

Quote Originally Posted by siulian View Post
    If someone is still interested on this subject: after reading so many posts on TB6560 controllers subject I have came to the following requirements for such a controller.
    I must admit, I did not find any complete solution with this cip but with many partial implementations with brilliant ideas.

So from my perspective, the best CNC controller with TB6560 cip will have to be:
    - with optocouplers HCPL2630 and with no other types, because these ones are fast (10Mb/s) and when making microstepping a lot of steps are needed per revolution.
    - with enable pin controlled from Mach3 (I have seen many controllers with enable with a pullup to 5V). Since we have to be "green" is important to save energy when let's say the "job is done" by the CNC and no human is around to turn off everything.
    - with dynamic torque adjustement. Two sollution I have seen here: one with 555 timer and the other one with 7408 (schmidt trigger). Both seems to be fine.
    - looks like a relay is needed to activate motor power supply (24V) only when the logic is ON (5V stable)
    - the board must have on it all the other input required by a CNC: E-Stop, Limit switches etc.

Is there any such board with all these features, and if yes: is someone willing to share it (eagle if possible for small adjustments)?
    If not, is someone willing to design such a board?
    I'm not aware of any such driver, or design, and although I am interested, I have no time to sped on it as I am committed to other projects at the moment. Perhaps in the future. On this thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/steppe...60_driver.html there was another person who mentioned the same general goals and said he would be working on a design. Perhaps you could contact him? And keep me in the loop?

PleasPlease
    I designed the program with (Altium Designer) and There are no library for TB6560
    And I want library for special (TB6560) of the Footprints
    I circle design because I do not find it the library
    Thank you all for good information

I see there's not been any activity here for quite a time. Either everyone is happy with their TB6560AHQ or maybe just the opposite.
    I for one am not. After reading the whole thread, comparing schematics, solutions and considering advices, I made a board with the delay on the /RESET pin. But can't bring to life the chip and I am baffled, because I have enough experience building my own drivers.
    Even without the motor power, just the 5 V applied to check the control lines and parts, the chip starts warming up. I can't see any pulses on the OSC pin. It's not said in the data sheets but I presume the chopper frequency should be seen with an oscilloscope there.
    If I connect a motor and apply motor power with resistors which limit the current t max 1A, the motor is energized and locks, no sign of chopper activity and the chip gets hot in no time.
    OSC capacitor is 330 pf.
    But I repeat my question: Should I see the chopper oscillator pulses on pin7?

I'm still happy with these, ran a machine last night wich uses them, no problems.

The chip shouldn't warm up without motor and the osc pin should show a signal, I think (but have bad memory...)

With motor connected: the chopping should work and at 1 Amp it should only be slightly warmer than ambient temperature.

There must be something wrong with the design, I've build 10+ of these without major problems.

Can you post your schematic and PCB layout?

The schematic is borrowed from one I saw here. The difference is only that I use Microchip POR device to hold RESET low at power up and turn motor power when 5V is stable. And 74HC14 to form the pulses from the LPT interface board.
    For testing I use 0.5 Ohm resistors instead of 2x0.33 Ohm.
    The actual board has copper pour connected to ground which covers all free space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SchemTB6560.jpg   BoardTB6560.jpg  

I use DipTrace for schematic and PCB design. Board is checked against the schematic and for net connectivity.
    Here you'll see 2 diodes on the PCB, missing on the schematic, which I have replaced by wire bridges.

Do you have a bigger schematic? The text is hard to read.

Page 12 of 14 21011121314