588,566 active members*
5,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 46 of 47 3644454647
    Quote Originally Posted by fade2black View Post
    David - Where did you get the table your cnc is sitting on?
    Paul,

Here you go

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...82&postcount=1

David has a link posted for it but it looks like they don't have it in stock.

David,
    Hope all is well, missing seeing your posts!

Bob

Talking

i just purchased my kit from joe and recieved my xylotex 4 axis 425oz-in motors today in the mail. My objective is to get all elextrical mostly done and i was wanting to build a pendant my question is david to you have that pendant wired to your xylotex board or your multifunction board..

Hi Joe, Bob, Brian and everyone else.

Yes I am still alive, my problem is I need to retire from my retirement!

I have too many hobbies and interests and not enough time in the day to do them all

I have been slightly distracted of late as I have been building and learning to fly R/C helicopters, but don't worry, my cnc router is still here.

I still need to build a dust collector to work with my ATC and will probably build one the same as Joe.

biotech1, I did not use a Xylotex card as I was never happy with it's performance and use a HobbyCNC card which I am very happy with.. The answer to your question is neither. The pendant has a parralel port breakout card in it (from CNC4PC) and then connected to a second printer port on the PC.

I also built a pendant for my CNC Sherline Mill which uses a MODIO card instead and is connected to the serial port, so this would be a second way to go.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Da Costa View Post
    Hi Joe, Bob, Brian and everyone else.

Yes I am still alive, my problem is I need to retire from my retirement!

I have too many hobbies and interests and not enough time in the day to do them all

I have been slightly distracted of late as I have been building and learning to fly R/C helicopters, but don't worry, my cnc router is still here.

David
    I've got a few more to go before I retire and get real busy!
    Another tease... I've always wanted to get one of the R/C helicopters!
    Which one do you have? Hopefully you'll post pics and videos of it in flight. Your CNC would make a great heli pad, of course that's once flight is perfected!

Bob

I have built an Align Trex 450XL and Trex 600 CF and when the new Trex 600 Nitro Pro is available I shall be adding one of them to my "hanger".

Building them is the easy bit, setting them up properly is more challenging when you are a total beginner and flying them is really hard.

You can see me hovering my 600 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKB_TDrcIhE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Helicopters 1.jpg   Helicopters 2.jpg  

I have built an Align Trex 450XL and Trex 600 CF and when the new Trex 600 Nitro Pro is available I shall be adding one of them to my "hanger".

Building them is the easy bit, setting them up properly is more challenging when you are a total beginner and flying them is really hard.

You can see me hovering my 600 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKB_TDrcIhE
    Very nice!!! Looked like you're doing pretty good!

Thanks

Bob

Just a quick update for everyone, next week I will be hooking up one of CNC4PC new C18 speed controllers to my router so that I can control the speed of the router via G-code.

I will post pictures and maybe some video

David

Just saw it on his website david, looks cool and look forward to your results. I would imagine you will be modifying the hitachi a bit wiring wise or is it all on the controller side?

No I am actually going to set the Hitachi at full power then plug it into a the ac speed controller that Arturo mentions and then wire the C18 into that.

You could wire it into the Hitachi but I do not feel confident messing around with the Hitachi speed controller.

David

My thoughts exactly. I mean, you could really get into a bad situation trying to rewire something like that. I'm still not fully confident in my abilities to wire electronic cards and solder them all together correctly to the point where I would be confident sitting back and letting the program do everything. It would be nice but you know..

Variable Speed Control

No I am actually going to set the Hitachi at full power then plug it into a the ac speed controller that Arturo mentions and then wire the C18 into that.

You could wire it into the Hitachi but I do not feel confident messing around with the Hitachi speed controller.

David
    When I got my Milwaukee VS router I thought I read that it should not be powered through a variable speed controller (got one from Woodcrafter that I used with my old single speed router) or damage to the router's electronics could occur. Is this an issue with the CNC board and the Hitachi VS router?

Rich

Very nice David, will be keeping and eye on your progress!

I am planning on removing the cord from my Hitachi and replacing it with a new connector and control cable I bought. You can see the supply connector and pigtail hanging out of my control box.

Bob

dust collector

David, really nice dust collector...what kind of plastic did you use?
    how did you install the strip brush to it? Did you bend the metal bead of the brush and insert it into a slot machined in it? Asumming you used some kind of adhesive also.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Hi Steve, the dust collector is made from HDPE (the design is Joe's).

The brush has a nylon spine so is easy to bend and fit in the 1/4" slot cut around the base and held in with CA.

David

Brush

Where did you find the brush...all the ones I see have a metal spline.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by cncguy77 View Post
    Where did you find the brush...all the ones I see have a metal spline.
    Steve
    I purchased mine from here:
    http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=134

I believe David might have gotten it from the same place.

Bob

Correct, I did.

Hi Steve, the dust collector is made from HDPE (the design is Joe's).

The brush has a nylon spine so is easy to bend and fit in the 1/4" slot cut around the base and held in with CA.

David
    I believe the Slot is a 1/8" bit and mine just slides into it, i dod not use glue but it a good idea.

Joe

For sale

Okay guys, this is advanced notice - I will be selling my 2006 CNC Router covered in this build!

The reason is that I have started building Joe's excellent 4x4 hybrid.

I will be selling the 2006 as is but less all electronics (controller, steppers, pendent, router, possibly cable trays if I can use them on new machine, if not they will be included)

I will also include the table it is on.

The catch is because of it's size and weight it will have to be local pickup for anyone interested (Los Angeles)

I will be open to reasonable offers.

I think this thread and also my website http://web.mac.com/dacostad/iWeb/ gives you a good idea of the quality of the machine.

David

The price is $700.

I hope someone takes me up on this as it will be a shame to have to just scrap it .

Page 46 of 47 3644454647