587,751 active members*
2,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 18 2345614
    OOPS!! duplicate post

I have only toyed with it so far.... but seems quite smooth.... If you checkout all the video's of the PlasmaBot by ShopDroid on youtube... you will see this thing is quite incredible as for detail... He has one setup as a CNC router table.. exact same table and cuts this Mayan Calendar that is just awesome... same table, same parts, different cutting tool!...

Hope it is okay with tulsaturbo that i post this up here.... but you would have found it on youtube anyways! ;-) YouTube - ShopDroids's Channel

As for detail... I dont know if i will ever need a plasma cutter that is capable of cutting something so intricate but, i'm confident it will!... If i ever want to build a belt reduction... with this all setup and done... I'll cut my own parts!!!

Not to mention that he has been of great help with the materials sheet that he supply's with the kits... Points you in all the right directions!

Oh, and you are on the right track with the rack above... there is a 3/8" to 1/4" brass bushing that gets pressed into the pinion!...

Yer the best .. solved the question of where and how to located limit and home switches.

Yea, it was a chore!...lol

More to come tomorrow!

winegar where did you bought your black Carriages?

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    winegar where did you bought your black Carriages?
    NoSleep Studio

He is local on here too.... tulsaturbo is his user name....

Good guy to deal with!

I second that on tulsaturbo .. I bought a whole cnc router from him.

If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the integrated V rail and bearings?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by joebass View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the integrated V rail and bearings?
    See post #22

I have posted about what everything cost as I have went along, ... Post #22 will give you the exact sizes and pricing!

I did however forget to post for the bearings.... about $10ea

.... In a panic, I created a very intense, highly time consuming, extreme precision, test pen holder for this machine.... If you like the pen holding apparatus, as seen in the following photos, I will be selling the kit for $400,... comes with everything needed to attach the pen to YOUR gantry!... If you act now, I'll throw in not one... but two pens... that is 2 attaching devices and 2 pens for only $400.... first 30 callers get FREE S&H!

...... Here are a few photos:.... Sorry for the quality of photos, I have used 3 different camera during this whole project, wife has the nice little camera i started off this with at Disney World right now... It does nice photos and video... this photo set is from our older one and does just okay... the Nikon is to bulky for the garage!

Success!

After tweeking with my "motor tuning", this is my first test run.... Seemed to do quite well to me!...

you will definitely have to post your mach3 settings etc when done

congrats on the first run! can't wait to get going on this however since budget calls for sourcing some parts locally, looks like it will slow me down

I guarantee you, your budget could not be much tighter than mine right now!.... However time is money!.... In every way..... The extra $20 you will spend, may save you 8 hours of pain and suffering!... Any questions... let me know!

that's pricey lol, i just don't see rails on this web site, your tb6560 board is 4 or 5 axis?

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    that's pricey lol, i just don't see rails on this web site, your tb6560 board is 4 or 5 axis?
    It is 4-axis, the one is not connected right now... that is the Z-axis... It is being shipped to me even as well speak.... and the last spot on the driver board is for spindle/torch!.... That will come after i get my Z installed as well!

linkintiger:

you might look at ebay for a small CNC router frame and a few parts, they are quite inexpensive there.

Here is an example: ebay Item number: 260745192047

If you go with a ShopDroid, you should plan on spending approximately $3500 for mechanicals, electronics and software.

zool... thx for the link, right now my biggest problem is to buy good all in one board similar to tb6560 i build the MDF table and i'm stuck with power supply and motors because my board fried after 10 min working time but so far i'm still waiting for a good advice on good 3 axis board ,except expensive gecko 540.

winegar...i was interested in price of that Gantry Rail AAG and AAS Rails on mcmaster but the search bar couldn't find. do you have direct link to that parts?

question # 2. How did you attached gear racks to the rail?

Gear rack is attached with....

Yea, I know... that is one big roll!....... I clean, clean and clean some more... wipe with acetone, heat with heat gun then apply! Not the cheapest thing in the world either... but not bad... McMaster has it too...

As for the AAG & AAS rail... You will have to find a distributor in your area.... Or call this one in mine..... Motion Industries @ (269) 381-1540 .... ask for Brad... Tell him "Melissa" told you about them!.... Its an inside joke that he will love... You can order and pay over the phone.... then PCBlinear will drop ship direct to you... Nothing to it!...

ok thx for info is there a specific size of that rail to fit with "no sleep studio kit? cause i'm gonna try local store maybe they have cheaper one.

....i know i'm asking too many question if that bother you feel free to say STOP

when i look at the page "no sleep studio" they have 2 different kinds of DIY kits.....one is router bot and plasma bot is that mean that router bot can't be use for building a plasma table?

Page 4 of 18 2345614