587,997 active members*
1,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tnc 151 User Parameter Issue

I am helping a friend who just purchased two bridgeports with Tnc 151's. I am used to my tnc-360 and i am having some issues trying to access the user parameters. I hit the mod button till i get to user parameters then i hit enter and nothing happens. Both machines do the same thing so it must be something i am doing. I need to switch the machines over to iso. Also one machine allows me to switch from me, fe, and ext for serial, but the other machine does not list this option.

Is there a description list for the machine parameters. These machines did not come with a technical manual. I have backups of the mp's. The machines move fine and seem to work ok.

Any help would be appreciated i am kinda stumped on this one. He had some user manuals with it but they did not help.

Thanks

Marcus

Hi Marcus
    Use the cursor arrows to scroll past the user parameters listing until you get to "code =" then using the keypad enter 95148 and press ENT. That should get you into the parameter listings. To exit them press the DELblock key twice. If you message me, I'll give you my number and talk you through some, as I'm doing my own tnc151 at the moment on an interact 4. Ok

Is it one of the arrow keys, I forget, never use them thought inch/metric was right at the mod button

Oops, yes Gus you're right thank you. I just checked on my machine and you press the MOD key to scroll through the options until "code=" is displayed.

Sorry folks I was trying to work from memory.

Thanks Gus and m4martin,

I did some digging on the heidenhain website last night and found the mounting instruction and interface circuit control manual. it described the mp I was looking for. I am able to change the inch and mm with mod key, but on my machine I was able to change from heidenhain language and iso right there. I will let you guys know how it goes today after work when I go to his place. I was able to get to the mp's with the 95148 code.
    Thanks again for the response and help

This what I found
    mp 217 is for iso
    mp 225 for local tool table

One machine is a series 2 interact 2
    the other is a series 1 interact 1

Marcus