G'day,
It's been a long time since I dabbled in CNC routers when I built a small 900X900 steel&ally router and back then Rodm1954 was the Go To bloke for advice and Greolt was pretty clued up as well.
Anyhow fast forward to today and I'm doing a new CNC router build on a pensioners budget and I have already ordered a linear rail , ballscrews, bearing supports and coupler kit that will give me an
1100 X700X300 work area rougly. The rails are SBR 20's and the ballscrews are all RM 16005's and my main problem now is deciding what steppers will be best suited to what I have so far for general wood, plastic
and occasion aluminium work. I'm tempted to go with a generic Ebay 3axis kit, but I'm also leaning towards a G540 Gecko kit from Hormann's but what motors I have no idea even after trying to fathom out a excel calculator that was dutch to me.
So any advice would be appreciated.
The rest of my build will be a Smoothstepper USB or Ethernet and Chinese water cooled spindle and VFD which will all be worlds away from my old $20 Ozito Router and Parallel Point BOB seeing I don't own a modern computer with a parallel port but all three of my computers all have USB and ethernet ports.
Also I'm located in S.A, Wirrina Cove and previously in Tassie, so it would interesting to see how many members here live in the sate of confusion, S.A.

Thanks,
Dingo