Register for free
Login
Page 78 of 131 2868767778798088128
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2602

and no

IT'S NOT A DUCK CASKET

jim

Keith

Thanks, that’s what I needed to know. The machine I would compare with an equivalent domestic built has a 3.0 Kw HSD which is equal to 4 HP, they do have the 3.8 Kw or 5 HP available and they only list HSD fan cooled spindles now.

I absolutely understand the importance of service and it is at the top of my list right under quality. I think the two add up to equal value (there’s a Mr Goodwrench commercial in there for you Jim). In another thread I mentioned that I had been to Bills shop and he spent the better part of the day with me. He even took me out in the field to show me a couple of machines in service and I was able to talk with the shop owner about his experience and applications. There is no doubt that Bill is an asset and will influence my final decision. I also noted in the other thread we will be setting up a plasma machine as well as the router and Bill has offered to build that for us. I still plan on giving EZ Router a look before my finale decision as they have a couple of new machine in production with some upgrades and what looks to be a fair price.
    see: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51383

I’m asking my questions in this thread because they relate directly to the import machines.

Jim, assuming shipping of 3500 (and I think to Atlanta it’s going to be about the same) the difference is more like 6k even after upgrading to Win CNC if I make my own vacuum table. The question for Bill will have to be what make his scratch built the better deal than the import and it may come right back to the service + quality = value issue.

By the way to our mates down under I think someone already sued KFC’s supplier not KFC directly for the cruelty to chickens issue. They probably won a nice settlement in court and get free KFC every Tuesday night for life. Ah American justice…

that qoute comparison

was based on quotes given to one in england, austrailia and two in us

it was an aples to apples to quote before i purchased and upgraded to wincnc

so you probably are right,

and actually at this point i am just DUCKY about my camaster.

walter phillips once a titan of industry and long since passed, told me as i was cleaning his beach on water island of the coast of st. thomas usvi.

"jim, people are happiest when they are paying, then they know what to expect" in my business the low bidder loses!! jim

Talking to whom it may concern

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then............

Quote Originally Posted by KeithG View Post
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then............

Throw it in a pot and cook it.....

Jim, hope the day trip went well.

Jim, hope the day trip went well.

I saw where you posted something about Bobcad. Are you using it or looking into using it. I need to find a CAD program and have downloaded a few of the trial versions but haven’t had a lot of time to look them over. I have some experience with Corel but that wont do everything I need to do.

See: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24068

By the way we all know that’s not a duck coffin it’s a mallard casket.

greg

i have bobcad full program it's with bill and josh to see if it's lathe program is viable bill is wanting me to use mechsoft and i will ultimatly go with his suggestion.

i also have corel, type3, all of v carves program, cabinetpartspro, autocad,
    cabnetware designer, 20/20 and bob cad preditor.

will purchase cabinetpro as well, i informed cabnetware i was not going down the cnc road with them as even in my custom business i am not sold on the
    fact that while the program is extremly viable it may well be way over blown at 25000.00+.

the next software for me is either bob cad or mechsoft as to the fourth axis.

i have figured out the camera and am waiting on you tube to process.
    video soon jim

sign foam carving

ALRIGHT

this sign foam cuts like butter and finishes well with laquer primer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcrEtVD4f3c"]YouTube - sign foam sign[/ame]

wincnc

wincnc

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm0ghrZUmVk"]YouTube - sign foam wincnc[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siq44_oa36U"]YouTube - cutting sign form[/ame]

Great Videos.

G`day Ducky, You have really got it all together, the videos are great and you are already making money with your machine.
    The more that we see of the wincnc the better it looks.

Our progress has stalled as we wait for our bits to arrive. We decided to go ahead and get the replaceable insert bits as well. They should arrive mid week and then we can get routing. We have also fitted a one piece spoilboard now.
    Ramon is going very well with his designing of the patterns in V Carve Pro
    Hopefully by the end of the week our money making machine will be paying itself off.
    We are extremely busy at work but i will try and find the time to post photos as soon as we are up and running.
    Rocket.

rocket

havin all the a good machine, support, bits and colletts as well as proper software makes all the difference.

it's kinda like a rocket, fill it full of fuel lite the fuse and it goes off!!!

ate some wild boer at the "blue" restaurant in charlotte nc last night "WOW"

went to the mint museum of art and craft for some cnc inspiration!! process and application!!

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00036.JPG   DSC00009.JPG   DSC00039.JPG   DSC00042.JPG  

DSC00052.JPG  

Talking Peking Duck

Jim, You are very well set up now. On reflection i feel that we could have been better prepared with things like software, bits and collets, but it has given us time to absorb it all. I guess that if we can get up and running properly after having the machine for only one month we will be satisfied.

You seem to be enjoying your trip to Charlotte NC. Good to be busy at work but then you need to unwind once in a while.
    Back in September we bought a Ford F-350 tow truck from Floyd West who lives near Charlotte. Truck was 3" too wide to fit into a container and the shipping people with roll on roll off ship wanted 11,000 to ship it over.
    So Floyd was kind enough to resell it for us. Good people in Charlotte.

Your wild boar at the restaurant sounds delicious, but i thought that you might have gone for Peking Duck!

Keep those videos coming.

Rocket.

rocket

my wife just made the comment that these routers are not like cars, you don't just turn the key and go they are not plug and play, they have to be fitted to you desired application, thanks to you, jimmy007, joey, ger, bill glenn
    and all at cnc zone i am feeling more comfortable and am now really enthused.

friday robert and i were watching the machine run, (we both have contracted to much larger plants with big beam saws cnc edgebanders that looked like tanks and all off them weighing over 4 tons) robert said to me " remember going to iwf and wondering when we would go cnc" i responded " i never figured we would"

he looked at me and said " i knew we would have to"!!!

woodwork is still teaching old "DUCKS" new tricks!!

jim

Smile

Jim, You have taken to cnc like a Duck to water!

The car analogy is an interesting one. I have pondered myself about people who think nothing of signing up for a car loan for 20 - 30 k, yet it is going to depreciate in value from day one and be a drain on the wallet until it is traded in and the cycle starts all over again. I have never believed in using finance myself. But if those same people were to buy something that is going to make money such as a cnc router they would be far better off. In our cases it is more of a necessity in order to make significant labour savings.
    In your situation you are already using your machine to generate extra income with the signwork, and then you can make your cabinets in a fraction of the time and with great precision. I see why you are so enthusiastic about it.
    By the way - Kustom has not been sighted on the forum for a while. Any idea why? I know that it is freezing cold up in Fargo ND, but surely the power is still on. Hope he has not fallen off of his snowmobile and hurt himself.
    Rocket.

i'll email

kustom he's been a big asset to us all jim

cabinets

cabinetpartspro

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFinl7oGo3A"]YouTube - camaster.cnc.mcgrewwoodwork[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ulcc_CLgE"]YouTube - mcgrewwoodwork,cabinetpartspro, wincnc[/ame]

rocket

got a new laptop 4 gig ram 250 gig hd kick it in!!

vaccum is not enough called bill today mine came with 5 hp regen and i need more. had a part move todat no problem but i see the difference now jim

wheres jimmy007

I'm around Jim

Been busier than a one eyed cat watchin two mouse holes!

I'm running a 4kw becker constant displacement pump and would really enjoy the luxury of more VAC. I am getting away with it but often have to put plastic on open areas of the spoilboard, leave tabs and in some instances with ply or slightly sprung veneered board have to think about employing a clamp or two when cut depth is critical...

I have noticed that there is a one way valve at the vac reserve tank and am thinking about installing a second and buying in an 8kw or larger unit to run parralel and fire it up when needed.

Glad I went for the 6kw spindle- now wishing I went for the big pump.

vac

G'Day Jimmy
    Unfortunately even a 20Hp vacuum is marginal at times.On very small pieces local gaskets help.If you can putup with a few holes,after a pre cut,not through,you can shoot 2 brads into the small pieces.Part of the problem is side forces trying to slide the part off the smooth spoil board.Here is a link which may give some ideas.They have antislip gaskets.
    http://www.allstaradhesives.com./index.php
    Gotta have a smoko,I will mull over the problem and open my XXXX slab.Its snow'in here,later I will grab the hottie and go to sleep.
    Hooroo
    Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drink.gif  
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

jimmy 007

how you comming on conversion?

i am to be routing tommorow as we have another apartment job and vaccum is no problem with sign foam.

will be looking to purchase cabinet pro tommorrow as well

rocket how about an update, doors yet??

jim

Page 78 of 131 2868767778798088128