588,603 active members*
10,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Share Your Files Part or Art
Page 371 of 587 271321361369370371372373381421471
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 11734
    Smdysmf,

Providing a better image would help with the conversion process.

Please post a picture of your completed project.

See attached file for the DXF you requested.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Birds-1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Smdysmf,

Providing a better image would help with the conversion process.

Please post a picture of your completed project.

See attached file for the DXF you requested.

Jeff...
    Thanks jalessi,
    How did you get such a clean dxf from such a crappy image?
    I couldn't get any usable conversion myself, looks like I've got some learnin' to do.
    Thanks very much

Smdysmf,

Customers provide me with lousy artwork on a daily basis so I get lots of practice doing clean up.

:drowning:

Have a most awesome holiday,

Jeff..
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Customers provide me with lousy artwork on a daily basis so I get lots of practice doing clean up.

:drowning:
    That can't possibly be. Customers never provide lousy artwork/spec/information, in any industry. They're perfect, and always right.

(Yeah, right )

Quote Originally Posted by The Inventor View Post
    FYI: Next time turn up the mike.... couldn't hear a thing.
    Hi, I made a Remake of the last Video. Hope the sound is better.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iS1_M_NFaM"]YouTube - ‪gcode viewer‬‏[/nomedia]

Bob
    CNC Projects

savage monster truck

hi i have been trying to draw a savage monster truck free hand in .dxf format !!! (( but not having any luck does any one have one or similar please it would be a great help ..... i want to cut it on a lazer for a clock face
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Savage XL.jpg  

Can you use this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevi View Post
    hi i have been trying to draw a savage monster truck free hand in .dxf format !!! (( but not having any luck does any one have one or similar please it would be a great help ..... i want to cut it on a lazer for a clock face
    Hope this is usable, you might have to clean it up a bit.:wave:

Bob art

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience converting a photo of a human face into a vector ready cut file for plasma? If do can you give me some tips!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience converting a photo of a human face into a vector ready cut file for plasma? If do can you give me some tips!

Greg
    You can use Gimp (free) to convert an image to silhouette, save that image as a very large .png image the larger the better something like 2,000x2000 pixels.

Open the png into Inkscape & convert to dxf.

This video tutorial might help explain the silhouette process.

Since I own Cut2d (vectric) my work flow would be:

Gimp (save as .png) > Inkscape (save as .eps) > Cut2D (save as DXF)

Gimp & Inkscape are both free, Cut2D is around $150, If you already own something that will convert a .eps file to dxf you can use that.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Hi, has anyone got a cad file of some Chess pieces. They dont need to be to neat as i will cut them on a plasma and they would be around 150mm high. i have been searching google with no luck. Thanks

Sharing a few

Small wall hanging...

Someone posted a photo of this cut as a wall hanging.. Might have been in the 'other' thread.

Trying out some 1mm end mills on scrap PCB material, thought this was more interesting than square+circle test bits. :-)

For some tie-up with the comments about converting images... I took the photo, used the threshold function in the gimp to b&w it, did the vector conversion in inkscape,saved as DXF, tidied it up slightly in librecad (All three of those on linux) then created the gcode in Cut2D.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo 6-07-11 23 32 32.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post
    You can use Gimp (free) to convert an image to silhouette, save that image as a very large .png image the larger the better something like 2,000x2000 pixels.

Open the png into Inkscape & convert to dxf.

This video tutorial might help explain the silhouette process.

Since I own Cut2d (vectric) my work flow would be:

Gimp (save as .png) > Inkscape (save as .eps) > Cut2D (save as DXF)

Gimp & Inkscape are both free, Cut2D is around $150, If you already own something that will convert a .eps file to dxf you can use that.
    Hi Switcher,

Thanks for the info. I downloaded trial of Cut2D but it won't open the saved eps? I have no idea what i'm doing? Failed to import vector data from eps. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Need alittle help please

Hello all

does anyone have the time to convert this to a dxf?
    my software just didnt get the detail of the two men very well

thank you

Mat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Virginia state police.jpg  

Hi Switcher,

Thanks for the info. I downloaded trial of Cut2D but it won't open the saved eps? I have no idea what i'm doing? Failed to import vector data from eps. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Greg
    The current version of inkscape (on Linux at least, not tried it on windows) will save as DXF, so you probably don't need the Cut2D step if you're just looking for the dxf file...

Cheers, Me.

Quote Originally Posted by qnet2 View Post
    Hello all

does anyone have the time to convert this to a dxf?
    my software just didnt get the detail of the two men very well

thank you

Mat
    Hello Mat,
    Here is the VSPolice.dxf, I hope it will work for you. You may need to do some final editing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VSPolice.jpg  
    Regards,
    Wes

Thanks for your thoughts. I have tried, I'm using 0.47 version, I have not checked for newer. It does offer (save to) desktop cutting plotter (R13) .dxf but when I try that the file will not open in plasmaCam? Kind of lost :-[

Thanks for your thoughts. I have tried, I'm using 0.47 version, I have not checked for newer. It does offer (save to) desktop cutting plotter (R13) .dxf but when I try that the file will not open in plasmaCam? Kind of lost :-[
    I'm running 0.48, and that's the option I'm using.

Can you draw a square and circle, export that and open it in plasmaCam? Some objects don't export as dxf, they have to be path objects in inkscape for the dxf export to work it seems. I'm not an expert though, I only installed it last week, although I've had good results creating text objects, and a couple of outline models..

Cheers, Chris H.

Thanks

Metalworkz
    Thank you so much that turned out much better than my try.
    what software / process did you use please?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by qnet2 View Post
    Metalworkz
    Thank you so much that turned out much better than my try.
    what software / process did you use please?

thanks again
    Hi qnet,
    I am using VcarvePro to trace and edit the picture file. It has both a color setting and a black and white setting for tracing, so I used the color option to get the different colored text vectors, and then used the black/white option for the darker-black items. The tracing utility allows you to adjust the sensitivity for each trace and I usually play with that to get an optimum trace, but there is almost always a small amount of hand tracing and editing that is needed to get everything right. It is mostly a matter of how much time you want to put into a tracing, because there are almost always some extraneous unwanted vectors and then some things do not trace well so I will draw the needed lines or edit the unwanted vectors out of the work.
    I should note that your file was done with probably 4 tracings at different settings to get all the detail, and then I had to delete the bad vectors and touch up some of the other things. There were some duplicate vectors added in from doing a couple of traces with different settings and I deleted all of those hopefully.
    The more you work with tracing you will find things that work and a work-around for the things that don't work the way you want. Good luck with all your projects!
    Regards,
    Wes

Page 371 of 587 271321361369370371372373381421471