588,354 active members*
7,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 61 of 460 1151596061626371111161
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 9195
    Absolutely not, but I know that it is nothing more than a hoax perpetrated for the financial and power gain for the likes of Algor.
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Wxyz,

After witnessing the past few pages, do you think these folks are apt to personally sacrifice any creature comforts of privileges for the cause of GW?

Laughable to say the least.
    Forget Global Warming that's the real drivel. We can read the agenda behind these manipulations of truth. What scares me is that someone like you can see this far yet still be blinded to the same manipulations of power and control of Cannabis propaganda.

Do you really support the criminal warlords who profit from the illegal status of a plant which is scientifically proven to be less harmful than alcohol, not addictive like tobacco, and about as abusable as coffee ( all legal drugs )? To do so only continues the power, wealth, and might of criminals, and in whose interest is that?

What is your purpose in continuing such a system which only encourages lawbreaking? Why do you seem to be encouraging the profitability and viability of a black market for what are obviously Highly desired goods.

DESTROY THE POWER OF CRIME, Control the markets; or explain why you cede the power to organized crime. Your methods only create more criminals, is that your aim
    embrace enthusiasm to accomplish the task
    Gary Davies... www.durhamrobotics.com

that is prefect .........smoking dope is as smart as the believing in global warming extremism......i always wondered where the gw extremist came from.... a dope smoke filled room......thanks for clearifing it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by the4thseal View Post
    that is prefect .........smoking dope is as smart as the believing in global warming extremism......i always wondered where the gw extremist came from.... a dope smoke filled room......thanks for clearifing it :-)
    You are doing the same as a lot of others; putting your own interpretation on something and then disagreeing with that interpretation. The point that was being made is that you have someone who rejects all the Global Warming 'science' but is willing to accept all the Reefer Madness 'science' as being gospel truth. In fact in both cases the ones who stand to benefit dress things up to suit their side; and a lot of people do benefit from the Reefer Madness nonsense all the way through the spectrum from the pushers and couries on the street up to the lawyers for both sides in the courts.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by DR-Motion View Post
    Forget Global Warming that's the real drivel. We can read the agenda behind these manipulations of truth. What scares me is that someone like you can see this far yet still be blinded to the same manipulations of power and control of Cannabis propaganda.

Do you really support the criminal warlords who profit from the illegal status of a plant which is scientifically proven to be less harmful than alcohol, not addictive like tobacco, and about as abusable as coffee ( all legal drugs )? To do so only continues the power, wealth, and might of criminals, and in whose interest is that?

What is your purpose in continuing such a system which only encourages lawbreaking? Why do you seem to be encouraging the profitability and viability of a black market for what are obviously Highly desired goods.

DESTROY THE POWER OF CRIME, Control the markets; or explain why you cede the power to organized crime. Your methods only create more criminals, is that your aim
    Well, you are right that GW is "the real drivel" but it is at least supposed to be the topic under discussion in this thread.

Your reticence to confront that topic and instead address your own inane desire to blow whatever is left of your mind with some noxious weed indicates to me, at least, that you are the one who is blind to the effects on the mind and body and that your perceived need to continue the destruction of them obliterates all logic and indeed any other subject.

Allow me to couch this in language even you can understand. "Go smoke another one, DUDE"!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...h/cag3/na.html

UNITED STATES
    Climate Summary
    January 2008

The average temperature in January 2008 was 30.5 F. This was -0.3 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average, the 49th coolest January in 114 years. The temperature trend for the period of record (1895 to present) is 0.1 degrees Fahrenheit per decade.

smoke a big one .................... does the aluminum hat itch?...........i really do not see the nexus between global warming and apparent reefer induced paranoia.........maybe there were right????:-0

Well, the geologists have a principle that states what processes are working today likely caused the features of the past. You know, the Mississippi deposits silt, and this gets made into rock...

So if we know something caused temperatures to drop in the past, the same thing would happen if we put that process in effect today.

Volcanic ash from erruptions in the 1800's caused a big temp drop.

How many planes fly a day??? Repulverise the ash, dump some of it out in high altitude and use the soot to reflect off the sun... Stop when you notice an effect. If we increase the reflection, more CO2 means faster growing plants until they balance things out

I'm sure they'll figure out something when the water starts rising

Mike Horne

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Horne View Post
    Well, the geologists have a principle that states what processes are working today likely caused the features of the past. You know, the Mississippi deposits silt, and this gets made into rock...

So if we know something caused temperatures to drop in the past, the same thing would happen if we put that process in effect today.

How many planes fly a day??? Repulverise the ash, dump some of it out in high altitude and use the soot to reflect off the sun... Stop when you notice an effect. If we increase the reflection, more CO2 means faster growing plants until they balance things out

I'm sure they'll figure out something when the water starts rising

Mike Horne

Got a lot of confidence in scientists, after they were the ones to bring us Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Thalidomide, LSD, weaponized Anthrax and a whole raft of other "blessings".

Yea, we want THEM mawdiggin with the atmosphere when they can't even predict the weather next week! (figure something out, indeed) And overseen by the government, no doubt. The same people who gave us the Katrina response / circle jerk political carnival/circus act!!

YAASSSS INdeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Horne View Post

Mike Horne
    Dear Mike,

Presumably the same effect might prove of benefit, as regards "Global Warming", if the assembled company "sparked up a biggie" on a regular basis??

Count me in on the experiment when the Government funding comes through..

Best wishes,

Martin

The mind has no mirror, where can the dust collect

" Well, you are right that GW is "the real drivel" but it is at least supposed to be the topic under discussion in this thread.

<< Unless, of course, you decide to discuss the vagaries of political pigeonholing >>

Your reticence to confront that topic and instead address your own inane desire to blow whatever is left of your mind with some noxious weed indicates to me, at least, that you are the one who is blind to the effects on the mind and body and that your perceived need to continue the destruction of them obliterates all logic and indeed any other subject.

<< my logic is impecable as demonstrated by the dozens of pieces of industy-used test software I have written that function correctly and by the scores of TTL, CMOS and CPLD circuits that met design specifications. Don't underestimate the intelligence of "pot" smokers, their ilk includes, lawyers, judges, scientists, musicians, engineers, teachers, machinists, doctors and even policemen. >> "

As you said,
    Originally Posted by jhowelb

" You may see conversations that provide you with a certain amount of entertainment, I see a conspiracy with deadly intent! I see numbers of "useful idiots",

so do I see the start of conspiracy when misinformation is dispensed by the ill-informed and so am prompted to correct the injustice.

In words you can understand, if you spread falsehoods I will point it out, not polite...tough nuggies!

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    You are doing the same as a lot of others; putting your own interpretation on something and then disagreeing with that interpretation. The point that was being made is that you have someone who rejects all the Global Warming 'science' but is willing to accept all the Reefer Madness 'science' as being gospel truth. In fact in both cases the ones who stand to benefit dress things up to suit their side; and a lot of people do benefit from the Reefer Madness nonsense all the way through the spectrum from the pushers and couries on the street up to the lawyers for both sides in the courts.
    Well said Geof,
    Junk science is junk science, irrespective of the motive. To discern the world as it is, I suppose is the ultimate high. The jury is still out on GW, the jury decided a long time ago that the "special interests" always work toward their own interests.
    Take care,
    xyzdonna

my logic is impecable as demonstrated by the dozens of pieces of industy-used test software I have written that function correctly and by the scores of TTL, CMOS and CPLD circuits that met design specifications. Don't underestimate the intelligence of "pot" smokers, their ilk includes, lawyers, judges, scientists, musicians, engineers, teachers, machinists, doctors and even policemen.
    Had a hand in putting some judges, lawyers, policemen and teachers in jail. Profession is no indicator of intelligence.

It's your judgment that is suspect IMO.

Find someone else to try to convince about the benefits of using dope. I have no interest in whether your life goes up in smoke or not. Crawl up on the heap and I'll lite the pyre for you!

In the past on food,

I find it rather stupid for a person to insist on their 'right' to gorge on whatever they want and then pop-off from a massive heart attack in their fifties.
    This is now on pot,

What is so special about the area of what a person chooses to ingest?
    This is rich.

On one side we have an environmentalist complaining about carbon emissions, but intentionally inhales toxins to get high on at least one in the bunch. Then on the other side we have a quasi-vegetarian that is placing the consumption rights of drugs ahead of questionably raised meat.

LMAOROF!!!!!

I do question my own understanding of what I think I know to be right or wrong, but the aformentioned perspectives are from a self proclaimed logical pair, if not carbon copied mirror images; is just special!

Makes me very afraid to look on the dark side of the moon!

Yes, I suppose I can agree to an extent that I do not want greater restriction due to GW hype with mixed sciences that do not match up to doom. Where I draw the distinction is that GW is an infinite variable in global proportions. The human body is finite and the social/health facts connected to pot use are reliably well documented to affect reasoning and motor skills, which duh.....is neurological. Which should indicate it is not a recommended activity without considering the risk verses the reward. The people that glorify it and glamorize it may skate by as poster children for the cause. If there is a reward, don't pass it off as without want/dependency and where that may lead when a user sets out to return for more. You are the rat in your own lab test.

Having a beer or 3 over several hours does not make me a hypocrite! Nor does brewing my own. The point is the unique style flavor and technique not seeking a buzz.

That being said, we live in a democracy. If laws are passed by a majority so be it. Provided the heavy tax burden covers all the casualties and complications like alcohol and tobacco. Comparing pot to coffee is a joke.....unless it's that mega jitter Starbucks brand.

DC

Most people have probably seen this by now, but it seems to fit in here aptly!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc"]Wood Spider[/ame]

You searched around quite an bit.

I happen to think it is stupid to indulge in the narcotic drugs, amphetamines and cannabinoids. But I think it is stupider to outlaw them. All that happens then is that an opportunity is created for a criminal element to supply the demand. And make no mistake the demand will be there. If some idiot wants to burn his or her brains out on their drug of choice why should I care, and why should my tax dollars be wasted trying to stop them.

You searched around quite an bit.

I happen to think it is stupid to indulge in the narcotic drugs, amphetamines and cannabinoids. But I think it is stupider to outlaw them. All that happens then is that an opportunity is created for a criminal element to supply the demand. And make no mistake the demand will be there. If some idiot wants to burn his or her brains out on their drug of choice why should I care, and why should my tax dollars be wasted trying to stop them.
    Over centuries civilization has brought for a few cannons of truth in governance. Tax things you want less of, subsidize things you want more of and those you absolutely want stopped you criminalize and punish severely.

In todays America criminal behavior is just another taxable called fines. Those in prison have a better existence than those who are free in third world countries.

Criminal element organizes gambling / govt organizes gambling.
    Criminal element scams booze / govt legalizes and taxes
    Criminal element scams dope / govt legalizes and taxes?

I think I see a pattern. Either was the tax payer foots the bill for enforcement or regulation. The real question is, WHAT if the "idiot" you are talking about who wants to burn his or her brains out on their drug of choice turns out to be your son or daughter? And what if they must turn to crime or prostitution to support the habit? Or get themselves mutilated or killed in the pursuit or use of junk?

Speaking out both side of you a$$ isn't becoming. Pick a stance and stay there. Or is it just another excuse to attack someone? You really should seek out a professional!

I didn't search, I new it was there and found them in contention. Thanks for clarifying your total view. I can appreciate that point in full.

What Jhowelb brought up, that technically help seal the fate of prohibition and the cost to police it, but turned it into a revenue stream also concerns me some. The state becoming the dealer for all sin tax far and above the cost to cover the afflictions brought on by their own potentially deadly products while often ignoring the result is not much better than the street thug feeding his own habit with the profits.

At the same time, the FDA or some other safety agency will pull minimally dangerous products off the market in the blink of an eye for very few casualties that often get proven the fault of the user or hyped. IE red M&M's and at one time silly putty. One story I read on a baby car seat was being push as unsafe was by one manufacturers competition forcing it into the recall system by shipping the safety counsel intentionally broken units.

DC

Always question authority

Profession is no indicator of intelligence.
    << Your being an ex policeman is certainly a proof of that. >>

It's your judgment that is suspect IMO. << yes your opinion >>

Find someone else to try to convince about the benefits of using dope. I have no interest in whether your life goes up in smoke or not.
    << It seems that your lifestyle choice has left you in wonderful health. >>

Excuse me while I inhale a lungfull of delicious fresh air and fully oxygenate my blood, ahhh now my fully charged hemoglobin is feeding my brain and my thoughts are now clear. Exhale, yes I see a sick, lonely old man playing "king of the hill", attacking anyone who does not agree with him. So sad.

Yes I've tried cannabis. It wasn't the evil demon I had been told it was. Haven't smoked (anything) for decades but cannabis did have a long term effect on me.
    It made me realise that other so-called, self-evident truths that had been fed to me may also be suspect and so I learned to think for myself.

.1... and those you absolutely want stopped you criminalize and punish severely.

2....Those in prison have a better existence than those who are free in third world countries.

3Criminal element scams dope / govt legalizes and taxes?

4WHAT if the "idiot" you are talking about who wants to burn his or her brains out on their drug of choice turns out to be your son or daughter? And what if they must turn to crime or prostitution to support the habit? Or get themselves mutilated or killed in the pursuit or use of junk?

5Speaking out both side of you a$$ isn't becoming. Pick a stance and stay there. Or is it just another excuse to attack someone?.....
    1 It hasn't worked, and probably causes more collateral damage to society and families when a family member becomes involved in either side of the drug issue, either as a pusher or as a addict, than legalizing the substances. You do not get sellers of lawful compounds shooting each other in the streets and killing innocent bystanders.

2 Not surprising, look at all the money spent on prisons, your tax money! And to what end; the demand for illicit drugs has not been reduced, and the supply not significantly curtailed.

3 Why not? It is a tax you will not pay and I will not pay.

4 That is a family matter, and much easier to deal with if the family doesn't have to worry about the legal consequences of the problem or having some 'enforcer' come to collect a debt or something.

5 How so am I speaking out of both sides? It is possible if you delve through my posts that sometimes I have used the 'devil's advocate' approach to try and get someone to respond but my stance is pretty consistent; it must be, you don't seem to find anything to agree with. And I am not attacking someone, I am disagreeing with other opinions; and I have not had to resort to insulting retoric in any of my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DR-Motion View Post
    ....Yes I've tried cannabis. It wasn't the evil demon I had been told it was. Haven't smoked (anything) for decades but cannabis did have a long term effect on me.
    It made me realise that other so-called, self-evident truths that had been fed to me may also be suspect and so I learned to think for myself.
    This is so true. One big problem with illicit drugs that has two sides is that there are some that have been demonized inaccurately when in fact most people can use them without any overt symptoms or harm; marijuana and heroin are two. Others are really bad such as crystal meth and crack cocaine. So when some naive young teenager tries a joint and finds they don't turn into a fiend they are easy prey for some smooth operator to convince them to try others.

Page 61 of 460 1151596061626371111161