587,550 active members*
2,902 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > program transfer between CNC and PC

program transfer between CNC and PC

My 0i Mate TC has a male 9-pin RS232C connector. My computer also has the same connector. I wish to connect my computer to the CNC, only for the purpose of transferring part programs (i.e., not for drip-feed execution). I would like to know the following:
    1. Is some DNC software or a similar software required even for my limited requirement?
    2. How to prepare the cable and how are the pins numbered on the connector?
    3. If no software is needed, what would be the procedure for program transfer?
    Thanks and with best regards.
    Sinha

Dear Mr. Sinha,
    you can used CIMCO or DNC4U Software for send & receive G code from PC To CNC machine.

25pin(CNC) 9pin(PC)

2 *--------------* 3
    3 *--------------* 2
    4 *--------------* 5
    5 *--------------* 4
    7 *--------------* 7
    6*------ Tie pins 6, 8, and 20 together on CNC side
    8*------
    20*-----

J>NAYEBI

Sinha,
    I got your message. Are you sure that it is a 9pin on the CNC and not a 25pin? I will have to do some digging. I don't think that I have seen the 9pin on the CNC before but I may have some notes on it somewere.

I use Dostek DNC and Enet DNC software and like them both. These are not free software as you are looking for but if you choose down the road you would like something with more bells and wistles let me know I will give you the contact info. Also I know Dan Fritz has his own software. I don't think it's free but I believe he has trial versions.

As for free software I copied this link from another thread that Al posted as free software. I know there is more out there. Try google. If not you can always use your HyperTerminal which every PC should have.
    http://www.cadem.com/dnc/freednc.htm

Stevo

why dont you pcmcıa compact flash card function.?

it s very easy and good.

you need cf card and pcmcıa adapter.

and you useing dnc card between cnc.

Tape or remote mod - program push-- oprt-- dnc-- and other..

very easy.

The cnc is can read for CF card and runing,

we using this method fanuc o i mate mb ,,
    KİNG NOTHİNG

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Sinha,
    I got your message. Are you sure that it is a 9pin on the CNC and not a 25pin? I will have to do some digging. I don't think that I have seen the 9pin on the CNC before but I may have some notes on it somewere.

I use Dostek DNC and Enet DNC software and like them both. These are not free software as you are looking for but if you choose down the road you would like something with more bells and wistles let me know I will give you the contact info. Also I know Dan Fritz has his own software. I don't think it's free but I believe he has trial versions.

As for free software I copied this link from another thread that Al posted as free software. I know there is more out there. Try google. If not you can always use your HyperTerminal which every PC should have.
    http://www.cadem.com/dnc/freednc.htm

Stevo
    Yes, it is 9-pin male only on the CNC. So, the cable has to have female 9-pin connector on both ends. What would be the pin connections? Also, how are the pins numbered on a 9-pin connector? There must be some standard convention.

How to use HyperTerminal method for transfering programs?
    Thanks for your kind help.

The given link does not download the free DNC software.

Sinha

its absolutely free

u required unlok code from CADEM which is also free of cost
    Mr.Santaji Mane (Sr. Development Engg.),
    E-mail :- [email protected] Mob: +91 9049006031.

I get the following message when I click the link to download the free NCnet Lite software. Any idea?

The following URL could not be retrieved: ftp://ftp.cadem.com/pub/ncnet/ncnetlite70.exe

Squid sent the following FTP command:

CWD ncnet

and then received this reply
    ncnet: No such file or directory

Sinha,
    For some reason I can't attach the document for setting up HyperTerminal. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send it off to you.

Moderator,
    I was not able to attach the word document. It is only 280kb and we are allowed 500kb. It sat for about 1.5min trying to upload then the Internet Explorer timed out. I tried several different documents and they worked. This tells me it is probably the document. Any ideas what it could be?? I copied and paste to a new document, and tried zipping the doc but no luck.

Stevo

My mail ID is
    [email protected]
    Thanks

In a manual supplied by the MTB, the method to prepare the null modem cable is given:
    5---5
    2---3
    3---2
    1---1
    4---6
    6---4
    7---8
    8---7

No connection for pin 9 is given, but I suppose, it is Frame Ground. So, 9--9 should be connected. Or, should there be no connection between 9---9? Please comment.

HyperTerminal setup document

HyperTerminal setup document by Stevo is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files