587,104 active members*
4,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Small Steel Parts

I havn't had a lot of luck finding a local shop to supply these so I'll try here. I've included a sample but if it works out well then I will be requesting 10-50 different designs as things progress.

Material: .375" 1018, 1020 or whatever is handy. If using CRS or P&O then facing is not needed.
    QTY: 25,50,100
    Tolerances: .005"
    Shipping: ZIP 98295
    Attached Files Attached Files

PM sent! Thank you!

PM sent. Thanks for the opportunity

Dennis
    Creations Unlimited Machining Inc.
    Morgan Hill, CA

Hello

You might want to contact this company. They seem to specialize in what your looking for.

http://www.dtprofab.com/

484 EZ STREET PRESCOTT, AZ.86301
    PHONE 928.776.4129 FAX 928.776.2405

SENT A P.M. QUOTE THANKS JOE @ TUSON ENTERPRISES LLC.
    Tuson enterprises

request for print

Yes Sir I am interested in the work; would you please send or post the file in Adobe format?
    Thanks,
    David
    email: [email protected]

No dimensions

I didn't get any dimensions when I viewed the drawings. Am I missing something?

Hello I sent you a PM Thank You [email protected]

For reference - is the ID supposed to be 1.4?
    FWIW - open up the tolerance a little and save huge dollars.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

To all who have sent PM's so far, thank you. I've been busy this week and am still collecting/sorting through the various quotes.

For those that asked for a drawing with measurements I've including a jpeg so everyone should be able to view the it with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DareBee View Post
    For reference - is the ID supposed to be 1.4?
    FWIW - open up the tolerance a little and save huge dollars.
    Care to explain? I figured 0.005" was fairly loose.

Opps forgot the file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rfq_1.JPG  

In my opinion .005 is plenty loose enough of tolerance and we have no problem at all here at Universal Precision Machine of getting .005 tolerance's or even tighter tolerances of .0009 with our mills and even tighter tolerances than that with our turning operations. Please Level Zero give us the oppurtunitty to make and manufacture your parts, you will be completely satisfied with our workmanship and will get a high tolerance part at a low price and quick turn around time . I already sent you a quote, so please if you have'nt given us a look please do. And any questions please just let us know, we are very willing to work with you anytime.

Jim at Universal Precision Machine

Hi Jim,

I have received you quote and reviewed it. Although I will be honest, I pretty much disregarded it because you did not quote the quantities I specified. I need pricing for 25, 50 and 100 units so that I as a business can decide what will work best for our needs both in regards to pricing and reordering. I tried to be very specific of my needs and flexibilities and any quotes that failed to address these needs were basically ruled out because it showed the quoter did not read my rfq which is not what I'm looking for from a supplier.

I'm not trying to be an ass by calling you out in a public place. I'm simply illustrating the process I am using while reviewing quotes to help you and others not only quote my job better but to also maybe tune your quoting process for others.

Quote Originally Posted by levelzero View Post
    Hi Jim,

I have received you quote and reviewed it. Although I will be honest, I pretty much disregarded it because you did not quote the quantities I specified. I need pricing for 25, 50 and 100 units so that I as a business can decide what will work best for our needs both in regards to pricing and reordering. I tried to be very specific of my needs and flexibilities and any quotes that failed to address these needs were basically ruled out because it showed the quoter did not read my rfq which is not what I'm looking for from a supplier.

I'm not trying to be an ass by calling you out in a public place. I'm simply illustrating the process I am using while reviewing quotes to help you and others not only quote my job better but to also maybe tune your quoting process for others.
    I did say a price per part for quantity of I beleive 50, I'm not looking at the email right now, but if I recall it was quite a fair price. I will send you a quote for those units, my mistake, I'd appreciate it if you'd give us a shot, thanks.

Look forward to hearing more updates. Have a great day.

To all who have sent PM's so far, thank you. I've been busy this week and am still collecting/sorting through the various quotes.

For those that asked for a drawing with measurements I've including a jpeg so everyone should be able to view the it with no problems.

Care to explain? I figured 0.005" was fairly loose.
    I agree - .005 is easy for machining. Very tight for laser cutting though.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Hello Clayton, I sent you a PM with my quote attached. I look forward to doing business with you. email me back as soon as you get a chance.

Best Regards,
    Jeff Woodward
    JNS Machine
    [email protected]
    714-916-3235

PM sent. Thank you for the opportunity to quote.
    MetalTech LLC

Not to be a a$$, but from what I see here what your asking for is a quote for 1 and if it works out well you'd like 10-50 with different designs. For 1 any one who is going to quote you for different parts without seeing those parts are not to bright. So I was very fair and through out a number on doing 50 and my price was $8.00 a peice and I did'nt bother getting a quote for the material because I was paying for the material for the first part and if you liked it then I would have went to more work and gotten a quote for the material. I'm not going to waste my time on something and go to more work then needed, again no offense but I think your the one that could use some learning on getting quotes for your parts. Not to mention you say 10-50 designs ?? That doesn't say anything about quantity... From what I gather that means 10-50 individually different parts not, 10-50 of the same part. So not to call you out in the public or anything, but just trying to teach people who want a quote on parts how to state what they want. Because alot of us waste alot of time quoting, it's alot easier putting up what you want then wasting someone elses time and efforts having them go out and get material prices, calculate machine time, and shipping just so they can get told thats not what they wanted. For me as a business man I always say if there is something that your unclear on just ask me or tell me if you want something different. Communication and clearity is everything, hope this helps you Level Zero and to all that could use it.

I havn't had a lot of luck finding a local shop to supply these so I'll try here. I've included a sample but if it works out well then I will be requesting 10-50 different designs as things progress.

Material: .375" 1018, 1020 or whatever is handy. If using CRS or P&O then facing is not needed.
    QTY: 25,50,100
    Tolerances: .005"
    Shipping: ZIP 98295

Sir. Please fax me a copy of your drawing to 325-651-8003.

Attention Victor Tristan.
    I am sure I can build these for you.

My boss will be in contact with you regarding a quote.

Page 1 of 2 12